Think Ink

Back to Article
Back to Article

Think Ink

Loren Reed

There’s something extraordinary about picking up a pen, and allowing our words to leak onto the musty, old pages of a journal. When we seem collected in front of all of our peers, those infrequent moments we take for ourselves are what make us, us. We can toss whatever’s on our minds out into the air. Let them circle us, and us alone. We can spin them, twirl them, intertwine them through our fingers; but, whether they slip through our fingers or constantly linger, our thoughts can’t be avoided, either. They must be addressed, considered carefully and prudently viewed. Our thoughts are ours, and sometimes it’s best to view them in a way we could have never thought imaginable.

One of life’s greatest mottos is that perspective is key. The way we view people — the way we view the world. Our perspective over time changes for better or for worse, and it can be the foundation to changing everything. Sometimes all we need to do is take a second look or to stand somewhere else in a room, but where we are in the moment is where we need to be. It is where we are supposed to be. Thoughts are also a series of perspectives. Any way we think about a certain topic is a various perspective. We may not have a full comprehension of the person’s situation beside us, but approaching matters differently makes a world of difference. Circling back around to our thoughts, when we are thinking about certain things, they can’t be obliterated.

Our best and most gracious thoughts will accompany our darkest, unwanted ones, in a way that’s unprecedented. The way we deal with our thoughts may very well get us through each and every day. There’s something extraordinary about picking up a pen, and allowing our words to sink into the fresh, new pages of a journal — applying our thoughts in a new positive way, every day.

1 Comment

One Response to “Think Ink”

1. Elizabeth Hays on January 12th, 2018 3:28 pm

This was beautifully written Loren! I very much enjoyed reading it!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Think Ink

Student Life

Cram With Cocoa at The Bean

• Think Ink

Student Life

Lettuce Learn About the Vegetarians Around US

• Think Ink

Student Life

Winter Weather Mayhem

• Think Ink

Student Life

A High School Thanksgiving

• Think Ink

Student Life

Out With The Old, In With The New…ish

• Think Ink

Student Life

10 Ways You Know It’s Show Week

• Think Ink

Student Life

Lead to Succeed

• Think Ink

Student Life

Taking Districts By Storm

• Think Ink

Student Life

The First Step

• Think Ink

Student Life

Broncos Forever

Think Ink