Night At ‘Museum’

Kennedy Mounce

The spring play is an exciting time for the Spring Hill High School Theater Department. The announcement meeting brings about anticipation, excitement, and liveliness in the department. Jan. 18, Brett Buffum, theater director, announced that the 2018 show will be Museum written by Tina Howe. This forty character play depicts a moment in time at a modern art museum. Art students will get the chance to have their original pieces showcased on stage for show weekend. The audience is encouraged to interact with the set before the play and will be challenged with this non-traditional show. Actors will also be challenged with possible double-casting opportunities as they leave the stage as one character and enter as a completely different personality. Auditions to be a part of this exclusive cast will be held Jan. 31 and callbacks, if needed, will be held on Feb. 1. Anyone interested simply needs a play release and preference sheet from Mr. Buffum’s room in the fine arts hallway, to be filled out and signed by the time of the audition. A preview of the short section of the script that will be used as part of the audition process, will be available sometime this week also in Mr. Buffum’s room. All students are welcome to try out and play some theater games. The show will be available for viewing to the student body Apr. 5 and to the public Apr. 6-7. Come prepared to witness a comedic and intense moment on the high school stage.

About the Writer
Kennedy Mounce, Stampede Editor in Chief
Hi there! My name is Kennedy Mounce and I am the editor-in-chief of the website you are currently on! I am a senior this year and I am ready to take on my last year of non-adulting. I workout several times a week at 5am (yes you read that right) at OrangeTheory fitness, I am actively involved in my church, and I have just been accepted to the Journalism and Mass Communications school at K-State! EMAW! My current career plans are to become a Public Affairs Officer in the USAF by enrolling in the Air Force ROTC program at KSU. I am currently involved in SPUB, band (as co-section leader of the saxophones), StuCo, NHS, and theater. My free time consists of listening to NF, working, and watching my favorite TV show, Friends. I believe SPUB has been, and will be, a place to further my social skills, creativity, and media knowledge. SPUB is an awesome community and one that I am glad to call family.