The Greatest Showman; The Greatest Movie

Madison Sutton

“A musical? As in High School Musical? No thanks, I’m good.” This is what I immediately thought when I heard about the movie, “The Greatest Showman”. I especially envisioned High School Musical, thanks to Zac Efron, who appeared in both films. (But, I’m not complaining about seeing him.) You see, I’m not a huge fan of people singing in movies, but I gave it a shot anyway and I went to see “The Greatest Showman.” It ended up being a great experience filled with suspense, heartache and lessons about money, people, love, and life in general. I’m not saying it was perfect, but the movie got pretty close.

One thing that really surprised me and got me hooked on the movie was the music. In my opinion, musicals aren’t usually interesting because if you’re going to make a musical, the music should be good. However, most of the time, musicals are better off without the music. But, the Greatest Showman soundtrack was so amazing.

Aside from the music, the movie kept you on your toes and it was filled with bravery, love, and it taught you the courage to stand out. P.T. Barnum (Hugh Jackman) tries to build a circus, and he is thrown a lot of critical reviews and many people look down on the people who are apart of the show. Barnum is also faced with family troubles, where he tries to make his family happy with what he buys them, or his money. He later learns that all his family needs is love and care. The lessons in this movie are relatable, true to history, and raw. Overall, I would 10/10 recommend this movie and I loved the storyline and lessons portrayed throughout the

About the Writer
Madison Sutton, Staff Writer

I’m Madison Sutton and I’m a sophomore. This is my second year in SPUB, and I’m so excited for what this year holds. I’ve always enjoyed writing and photography, so I love being in SPUB. The fact that we get to design the yearbook, write articles about what’s going on in our school and document the year through pictures is so amazing to me. Apart from SPUB, I’m a member of dance team, Student Council and FCA. In my small amount of free time, I love to spend time with friends and family, go to the lake and watch movies. I’m so proud to be a member of SPUB, and I can’t wait for everyone to see what we bring to the table this year.