Opportunities On The Rise: Miss White

New teacher? New coach? Life has been treating Miss/Coach Paige White very well this year and Spring Hill is lucky to have her. A recent graduate from college, this is her first year out and about in the workforce. White was hired this year as a second girls PE teacher as the school is growing quite quickly and needed multiple people for the job.

She confided when saying she had less confidence at the start of the year, but overall made a smooth transition to the school.

“You guys make my job really easy and so that gave me some confidence,” White said.

New opportunities continue to arise for this young, bubbly teacher. In addition to teaching PE, White will receive her first coaching job next year as the assistant girls tennis coach.

“White said, “I think it’ll be really fun working with the girls, I have a lot of them in class and they’ll be a fun group. Coach Sherron’s really awesome too, so I’m really pumped.”

Other changes for the school that will affect White include the new additions to the school and getting to teach the next freshmen class of girls.

“I’ll have a new group of freshmen, so that’s exciting. I know our school is going through a lot of changes [such as,] the addition on the other part of the school, that’s a big thing and the new weight room this year. Those [changes] are going to be exciting to see how it cultivates the atmosphere next year,” said White.

Overall, this year has been very interesting and White and her students are looking forward to next year’s adventures. It’s been a successful year for White and no matter what happens, she said her students are the ones who make teaching worthwhile.

White said,” I think it’s just the little things like when students tell me, ‘you’re my favorite teacher’ or ‘I like your class.’ Things like that just make the hard days worth it.”