Same School, New Leaders

Hannah Smith

Being voted to help lead the school is a tremendous honor. It not only means that your peers trust you, but they believe that you won’t lead them astray. This year is no different the two students elected to be president and vice president are extremely qualified and without a doubt will lead SHHS through another great year. Bella Price, 11, who was junior class president this year, and Sam Pollum,11, who had never been in StuCo before, were voted President and Vice President respectively on April, 18 for the 2018-2019 school year.

“[I joined again because] my junior year when I [was junior class president] it was so much fun we did so many service projects and then we had the leadership meeting with the middle school when they came and we did so many leadership activities with them,” said Price. “You just do a lot of fun things and you get to do the pep-assemblies which are really fun.”

Stuco is different from a lot of other organization. It’s student ran but more then that they allow people to stand up and voice their opinions and share their ideas.

“Stuco is different because everyone comes together and we are all coming together to improve the school” explained Pollum

Everyone is looking forward to the summer and to the next school year and the president is no different.

“I’m excited to get ideas from people because one of the things I’m hoping to do is have meetings during a homeroom time where people can come in and tell me what their ideas are and tell me what they want to see changed. So I’m excited to get that started and see what people want to see and do” explained price, “I’m really excited to be president next year and I’m excited to see what I can do and change and see what we like and what we don’t like”

The school year comes every year without fail, even if all the students sometimes wish it wouldn’t, but the people leading us always change and with them the way our school looks. Price and Pollum are really looking forward to the new challenge and seeing who they can leave their mark on SHHS.

About the Writer
Hannah Smith, Staff Writer

Hi readers. I'm Hannah Smith. I'm Staff Writer meaning you can see my writing in all of SPUB's publications. I joined SPUB because I love writing and I...