The 2019 Fall Homecoming from right to left are seniors Alec Hittchens, MaHaley Abel, Corbyn Meyers, Gracey Cowden, Conor Zorn, Meg Putnam, Zade Barker, and Avery Anderson. They were all nominated by the senior class and will be voted on by the student body. (Photo curtesy of StuCo)

Get to know you Homecoming Court

September 19, 2019

Your Queen Candidates

MaHaley Abel:

I think I got nominated because I try my best to be involved in with our whole school and people think of me as a nice person. At first [when I got nominated] I was shocked, but now I’m really excited. It makes me feel good. No, I didn’t [didn’t think I would get nominated]. [The nomination] makes me feel proud that my classmates feel like I should be a candidate and I’m overall happy about it.

Gracey Cowden:

I think I got nominated because I try really hard to include the underclassmen and make sure them feel welcome and included in the school. I just try to help them out if I can. I felt really happy [when I got nominated], I wasn’t expecting to get nominated for the first homecoming or really any homecoming this year. And I just really appreciate my fellow classmates for thinking that I deserve this position. No [I didn’t think I would get nominated], it came as quite a shock; and funny story, the girl who got nominated decided she didn’t want [the spot] and dropped out so I go her spot, so, actually it was a big shock. [The nomination] means a lot. It just really means that my grade really thinks that I represent the school well and they believe that I can do good things with being nominated.

Meg Putnam:

I think I got nominated because I try to make good impressions with people in my grade even if they aren’t my best friend. I like to think I know everybody in my grade and that I say hi to most of them in the hallway or I try to sometimes. And sometimes that’s all it takes.  I’m really excited [to be nominated] because I love Spring Hill more than… everybody, but not really (laughs). I really didn’t [think I would get nominated], no, I was really hoping that I would, but I had no expectations or anything for it. I am really proud [to be nominated]. And it really just makes my heart feel good that people know that I love Spring Hill. And that I can be a representative for our class and to go out in front of Spring Hill and the people that I love and we’re all there for homecoming. And homecoming is such cool week because it’s not just in the high school it’s for the whole town with the parade and festival. It’s really cool to be apart of something that I’ve grown up with and have always wanted to be a part of and so that makes me feel really good inside.

Avery Anderson:

Well, I hope got nominated because I’m a nice person and I’m involved in a lot of things, and also because I try to make friends with everyone. I feel like it’s a great honor to be nominated by your class because it means you must be doing something right. I did not think I was going to be nominated at all because I’ve only been here for a year and a month, so I was not expecting it at all. I actually wasn’t listening when the names were being read off because I wasn’t expecting to be nominated. It means I’m doing something right and I must be a pretty decent person to be nominated.