Lunch Rush gets bigger with Minskey’s Pizza

A group of Sophomore girls hang out and eat lunch. Some are doing their homework, others talking and having fun (photo by JClark).

Starting this fall, the high school has been serving Minsky’s pizza to students on Fridays. Many students have enjoyed the pizza and sold out the first day they started to sell them.

“After talking with several people at Olathe School District food services and heard how much their students enjoyed it, we decided to give it a try and see how our students react,” Glenda Johnston, lunch server, said.

Serving Minsky’s on Fridays has been going well. Many students are enjoying the new option on the menu.

“I have tried [The pizza]and I do like it. It tastes much better than the normal school pizza,” Esrah Stowers, 10, said. “I think it’s a great idea it gives students the opportunity to have pizza from an actual pizza place right at school and not just the crappy school pizza. It also just another alternative for lunch that day.”

Many students rush to the lunch line on Fridays so they don’t miss out on the Minsky’s Pizza. The lunch staff also thinks it is going well and thinks it’s a good idea.

“Minsky’s is going over very well. They make a great product and the students and staff are enjoying having this option on Friday’s,” Johnston said.

Don’t miss out on Minsky’s Pizza the kitchen gets more and more packed each Friday.