Bringing Back the Hype

On+Aug.+23%2C+the+entire+student+body+attended+a+back+to+school+pep+assembly.+The+pep+assembly+was+designed+to+show+both+freshmen+and+sophomores+how+a+pep+assembly+works+at+SHHS+%28Photo+by+A.+Shelter%29.+

On Aug. 23, the entire student body attended a back to school pep assembly. The pep assembly was designed to show both freshmen and sophomores how a pep assembly works at SHHS (Photo by A. Shelter).

Did you ever just show up to a football or basketball game, and you see a bunch of students wearing the same color coordinating outfits? Were they cheering louder than anyone in the stadium? Well, that’s our high school’s Hype Squad. 

Starting off a brand new school year, students have already been planning out themes and goals for getting more students involved. This year Hype Squad has no official advisor yet, but they are still making this fun year happen. Senior Alana Frigon, has volunteered to organize themes and other needs of Hype Squad. 

“Our goal is to find a sponsor, and we were still hoping we can plan the winter homecoming, and to get more people involved to keep the club going,” said Frigon.

It has always been a tradition for Hype Squad to plan Winter Homecoming, the themes to football and basketball games, and pep assemblies.

’21-’22 Football Game Themes

• Sept. 3 at home – White out
  • Sept. 10 at Paola – Frat/Jersey
  • Sept. 17 at Ottawa – Hawaiian
  • Sept. 24 at home (Homecoming) – Bronco Pride
  • Oct. 1 at home (Movie Night) – Pajama Night
  • Oct. 8 at Tonganoxie – Neon
  • Oct. 15 at home – Pink out
  • Oct. 22 at Eudora – USA