Goodbye Seniors

Goodbye+Seniors

Lily Haney, Design Editor

Graduation is approaching quickly, and even though I’m not a senior I’m having trouble grasping the fact that they will be leaving soon. This is the first year I had really started connecting with some of the seniors, and I’m not ready to say goodbye.

I’ve made lots of memories with the upperclassmen. It’s going to be hard next year, not having them there to lead stretches at sports, be overly loud at every pep assembly, or even just seeing some of them in class.

People always come and go in life, but this class is going to be one to miss. They are full of adventure seekers, do-gooders, and just overall some of the best people you could ever get to know.

There is one senior in particular that I am going to miss more than any other. I only met them the summer before school started last year, but we’ve been inseparable ever since. She taught me so much, like how to keep a positive outlook on life, that you should live in the moment instead of the past or future, and to break out of your comfort zone. She became my best friend, and I’m not quite ready to see her walk across the stage into a new chapter of her life. She has heavily impacted my life and made me a better person because of it. I hope to take everything she has taught me and done for me and be able to pass it onto my graduating class and the underclassmen below me so they can continue to do the same.

All of the seniors are getting ready to enter this next chapter of their lives. While they may be done with high school, we are sure to still see them around here and there.

I expect great things to come from each and every one of you. I wish the best to the class of 2022, you have left some big shoes to fill.