Hospital Shooting Leaves One Injured

Police+car+speeds+down+the+road+to+the+incident+it+was+radioed+to.+It%E2%80%99s+important+police+have+all+of+the+information+going+into+a+possibly+dangerous+situation+%28Photo+by+R.+Pixel%29.+
rawpixel.com
Police car speeds down the road to the incident it was radioed to. It’s important police have all of the information going into a possibly dangerous situation (Photo by R. Pixel).

A shooting occurred at the University Health hospital in Kansas City the morning of Feb. 2; 1 person was injured and there were no fatalities. Officers were called to the hospital after the report of an “active shooter”, according to Sgt. Phil DiMartion, spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department, in a written statement. Police stated the injuries sustained were not life-threatening. At approximately 9:25 a.m. police reporter there was no active threat. 

With shootings in the United States becoming increasingly more common, it is important to stay aware of threats in public spaces. It is crucial that the police are made aware of a possible shooting threat as soon as possible so they are able to call in support as needed. 

**Photo Link**