Rising Before the Sun

Most school days start at around 8 a.m. and last till around 3 p.m. Students tend to wake up at various times depending on how they travel to school, and I wake up at 6:30 a.m. in order to be taken by the bus. I find it difficult to do so for continuous weekdays, depending on the time I fall asleep and the quality of sleep I get

When it comes to the start of classes in the morning, work tends to be slower and more unfocused when I lack sleep. It’s not until after my second or third class that there is more awareness given for the remainder of the day. Typically, there is no further issue beyond that.

However, on Wednesdays when the days start later, there tends to be less tiredness since I wake up at 7:30 a.m instead and start classes at 9:10 a.m. With slightly shortened classes and a later starting time, I tend to get through the day with ease. More productivity can come with a later time to start, but the time of waking up at 6:30 a.m is still beneficial to adjust to real world jobs that require early hours. However, not all jobs are open in the mornings or can have flexible schedules, so I think overall having both early and later wake up times is beneficial to students.