Festive Celebrations in Spring Hill

Hometown+Holidays+is+a+celebration+of+the+holiday+season+that+many+small+towns+celebrate.+There+was+light+displays%2C+and+holiday+themed+events+in+Spring+Hill.+%28Photo+by+City+of+Olathe%29.+
    Hometown Holidays is a celebration of the holiday season that many small towns celebrate. There was light displays, and holiday themed events in Spring Hill. (Photo by City of Olathe).

On Dec. 1, the annual Hometown Holidays celebration was held in Spring Hill. It began with a tree lighting ceremony, with Spring Hill mayor Joe Berkely lighting the tree. After the tree was lit, the celebration was ready to begin. Santa decided to make an appearance, arriving by a Johnson County fire truck instead of a sleigh hauled by reindeers. Lupita’s Kitchen, a local bakery, provided cookie decorating activities, while the Bean provided coffee and hot chocolate.

In fact, the whole town seemed involved, because live music was played by citizens of Spring Hill, and the Spring Hill Recreation Commission facilitated activities, such as a candy cane hunt. Spring Hill’s Hometown Holidays is an excellent event that reflects the community that Spring Hill has, especially during the holiday season.