Trending or Timeless?

Realistic, detailed leopard print is in style this spring, good for any article of clothing (Photo by R. Pixel)

The world of fashion has taken a turn in the past few months. The toxicity of micro trends and fast fashion has been realized by more and more people. Instead, we are embracing elegance and timeless pieces. Nevertheless, fashion isn’t fashion without trends. 

Leopard and tortoise shell print has always found a way to come back. This time, it’s in a more detailed fashion. Instead of the cutesy, animated style from the last few years. Tortoise shell print is similar and often found in glasses. Super high waisted jeans with many rips and colors came into the light a few years ago, and I think we’re ready to leave that behind.

Adidas Sambas have been around for a few years, but their controversy prevented them from being super popular. A similar shoe is the Adidas Campus 00s,which has a chunkier and fun style. 

This summer I think we’re going to see chunky jewelry with lots of personality, paired with clean manicures, big sunglasses, and vintage trucker hats. For hair, its blunt haircuts versus layers. Natural, lived in color is on the rise, and whether a natural style will go along with that too is unknown. Linen pants were big last summer, and this time it’s going the pinstripe route. Pair it with a baby tee– a classic– and you’ve got a comfortable summer outfit. 

Embracing femininity and dressing classy is, I hope, not just a trend. Our style is not just the clothes we wear but how we treat others.

**Photo Link**