Yashab Rivera-Bello Nails

Rivera-Bello’s newest nails she has done. They did a cherry design that their client wanted. (Photo by Y. Rivera-Bello)

It’s usual for high school students to go out and get a job. However, Yashab Rivera-Bello, 10, decided to start her own business. With starting a business at such a young age a lot goes into it. Not only is it brave but also extremely challenging at times.

“It was scary, I didn’t know if people would actually go to me and I didn’t want to mess up their nails but now it’s so fun,” Rivera-Bello said. 

They started their nail business about six months ago with the help from family and friends.

This image featRivera-Bello nail logo. They use their logo to gain more clients and give themself credit. (Photo by Y. Rivera-Bello)

“My mom’s nail tech told her that she was doing nail classes so then I took them and learned how to do nails.”

They have been very successful so far. However they say the hardest part of having their own business is getting more clients, however that has not stopped them from continuing to grow their business.

“My instagram account and people telling other people about my business.” 

Having a business at such a young age comes with its challenges.

“The different designs that they want, if it’s too hard it’s harder to do. Also getting more clients,” Rivera-Bello said. 

They shared what encouraged them to start their own business because they want to make their own money. Rivera-Bello finds happiness in meeting her new clients and doing little art designs. They plan to keep doing nails as a side business after high school.