Teen Sentenced After Threat Made to Leavenworth Pool

An+overall+view+of+the+Wollman+Aquatic+Center+in+Leavenworth%2C+Kansas.+It+tends+to+be+a+good+place+to+head+to+during+the+summer+for+locals+%28Photo+by+M.+Bower%29.++
An overall view of the Wollman Aquatic Center in Leavenworth, Kansas. It tends to be a good place to head to during the summer for locals (Photo by M. Bower).

An 18-year old man has been sentenced to prison after posting threats on Snapchat towards Leavenworth’s Wollman Pool. The pool ended up temporarily closing, and the man, Landen Burgess, has been sentenced to the Kansas Department of Corrections for two years and five months. Documents say Burgess threatened an employee with a Snapchat photo of them with a gun pointed at the camera alongside various threat text messages from July 26 and July 27.

People should be aware of the risks and outcomes possible when meeting someone through the internet. It’s been rather easy for some to make negative messages for others through text rather than in person. Everyone should be aware of both the risks and benefits that comes with the use of social media and the internet.

**Photo Link**