Louisburg competing for $50,000 Grant

Two dogs running around playing with each other. the dogs are found playing with a jug. (Kansas City Parks and Recreations Website)

Louisburg is one of the 25 finalists competing for the Pet Safe Unleashed Contest. The contest gives a $50,00 grant for a new community dog park. People living in Louisburg can help this cause by voting once daily. This community project is being led by a residents of Louisburg who’s goal is getting an off-leash dog park not only in Louisburg but also in there surrounding areas.

The group of residents trying to get a dog park has been working with there city. they want a large, spacious plot of land for dogs to run around freely. They have been working on construction for this dog park as well. In February, the Louisburg City Council found and bought the land and approved an 2.15 acre site for this dog park. Now having land for the park their biggest struggle has been finding the money. The group of locals have rasied $3,000 so far through selling homemade dog treats. The city of Louisburg also announced that they got a $15,00 grant for this dog park. Now having $18,000 dollars they are trying there best too raise more money.

**Photo Link**