Police Arrests Individual for Attempted Arson

This plaque can be found outside the home of Martin Luther King Jr. in Atlanta Georgia. Without the help of the civilians, King’s may have been burned to the ground. (J. Jackalope)

On Thursday, Dec. 7, Atlanta police arrested a 26-year-old who reportedly attempted to burn down the home where Martin Luther King Jr. was born. The home, which is operated by the National Park Service, holds incredible historical significance to many. The police have reported that witnesses saw the woman pouring gasoline on the porch of the property. The police state that they are thankful for the witnesses stopping the person, because if not, the city may have lost the historical building.

While this situation is sad and scary, many have been able to find a positive takeaway. While there are people who do terrible things, there are always people to do the right thing. The bystanders at the home likely saved lives and the building. Their bravery is not only appreciated, but shows in dark times in the world, there will always be good people.

**Photo Link**