Jackie Robinson’s Statue Burned in Kansas Park

+Robinson+standing+in+in+his+Dodgers+uniform+In+1950.+He+was+a+Civil+rights+activist+that+played+a+bIg+part+in+getting+equal+rights+for+African+Americans+By+being+the+first+African+American+in+The+major+league.+%28Los+Angeles+Times%29
Robinson standing in in his Dodgers uniform In 1950. He was a Civil rights activist that played a bIg part in getting equal rights for African Americans By being the first African American in The major league. (Los Angeles Times)

Jackie Robinson’s statue was stolen from its original home, and pieces of it were found burnt and dismantled. Around 8:38 a.m., a Kansas park worker discovered a trash can on fire and inside were many pieces of the statue. The police have already interviewed more than 100 people in an attempt to find the person who committed arson. While some pieces were there, there is still majority of the statue missing, and police are also trying to find who had stolen it in the first place. Once found, the police commented that the pieces were “beyond repair” infuriating much of the population in that area.

Jackie Robinson was a huge civil rights activist becoming the first African American to play Major League Baseball. The population in that area want to see justice considering how important his name is. Fortunately, the nonprofit organization that originally put up the statue has the mold and can make a new one. There is currently a GoFundMe page to raise enough money to cover the cost to remake it.

**Photo Link**