Mess Equals Stress

Gmail and Google Drive are used daily by students. Staying digitally organized can be crucial to minimizing stress. (Photo by K. Tran)

Organization is something I always strive for as a student. One of the most important areas that I believe students should stay organized is digitally. As students, we are constantly using technology and doing things online. My Gmail inbox and Google Drive are the two primary locations I focus on. Students should take the time to declutter these areas and try their best to stay organized digitally. 

Gmail is the main form of communication for students. Whether the district is sending out information about events or teachers are informing students about assignments, things are much easier if your inbox is decluttered. With an unorganized inbox it is easy to become stressed from all the chaos. This can lead to the avoidance of checking emails, resulting in missed information. This can snowball and cause problems academically. 

Google Drive is another major online source students use daily. Over time your drive starts to pile up and become mayhem. This makes locating documents more difficult, which can become an issue when trying to turn in assignments or when looking for a previous assignment.

As a student, especially in this generation, there is so much stuff that is done online. Taking the time to organize your school work digitally is worth it. Once you do it, the hard part is out of the way and it gets easier to maintain it over time. Finding your own system of organization will help you in the long run.