Remains of Leavenworth Resident Discovered in Lansing

Before the Kansas Bureau of Investigation began working on the case, the Lansing Police were the first to report to the scene and search for Collins. However, after little progress, they requested the KBI’s help and eventually found them (Photo by H. Kobac).

56 year old Leavenworth citizen Derrick U. Collins has been missing for almost two years; since June 2022. However, on April 3rd, the skeletal remains were found in Lansing near the Lansing Country Club. The Kansas Bureau of Investigation claimed that they suspected no foul play in his death and reassuringly, after the autopsy results were made public, it was shown that Collins suffered no trauma in regard to their injuries.

Kansas is ranked #41 for the amount of missing persons in the US. However, this doesn’t mean it isn’t still apparent. Being aware of surroundings and reporting suspicious activity is important in keeping oneself and others safe. The KBI hasn’t released much information about Collins’ case, but the public is anticipating more publicity regarding missing cases in general.

**Photo Link**