K.C. Leaders Honor Children’s Lives Lost

This is the design for the memorial in Hibbs park with granite columns displaying the names of killed children.(Provided by Fox4KC)

This Monday afternoon, city leaders gather at Hibbs Park where a children’s memorial with be placed. The memorial honors anyone that passed away younger than 18 in the years 2001 to 2024. Name suggestions are available between now and May 15th for the two granite memorial columns that will go up in Hibbs Park.

May 15th was the birthday of a little girl was was mnurdered and found in the woods across from the orgianal Hibbs park in 2001. Although her identity was a mystery years, once called by the community as Precious Doe, Erica Green is remembered. The community gathered and heard other leaders such as long time Civil Rights activist, former Mayor Pro Tem, and a Founding Member of AdHoc Group Against Crime Alvin Brooks says for our young people, it is the worst of times. All are grateful for this memeorial for lost young ones. If you’re interested in submitting a name to the memorial that will go up at Hibbs Park click here.

**Photo Link**