Autoworker Strikes Escalate

laborers strike against working conditions at Rutgers University. Striking had become more prevalent and gave the laborers a way to speak. (SeichanGant)

In Kentucky, 8,700 Ford employees decided to leave their job and go on strike against the unfair wages that the company had put on them. They explained if the company was not going to comply with the fair bargains, then they would have to show the company they need    The plentiful number of employees leaving will cause the plant to shutdown, and Ford will loose money. The company called the strike “grossly irresponsible” because it puts the whole company at risk and affects 100,000 other people and employees. With the strikes comes lay offs from the company with 30% of employees let go.

In the past decades, the attitudes towards strikes were polarized as causing problems. In the recent years, more and more occupations are creating unions, and if they see unfair work conditions the employees will speak up against it. As well as the autoworker strike, the writers strike was also a prevalent part of the economic history this year, and unions will continue to become popular as more employees are speaking up.