SPUB Sisters

This year was the first and last year I got to spend in SPUB with my sister. 

Student publication has been an interest we shared since middle school and we finally had a year where we could be on staff together. As the end of the year was approaching, the topic of continuing SPUB was in our conversations. I knew I wanted to stay but they had other pathways to go down. Their final year of SPUB is ending as they pass down their role of copy editor to me. Although they are not graduating yet, I am still lucky to have had the opportunity to spend this class with them at least once before they move on. 

They have taught me how to find better angles, create better content, and work and communicate with patience. They still have one more year of high school left, but I know I will miss this class that we shared all year. The automatic comfort I had in SPUB was because I knew that there was at least one person in there that always had my back. One person that would guide me if I was struggling. One person that I could go to for anything and everything. 

We shared countless ideas with each other and vented when Indesign was being our enemy. They inspired me to become a better writer when I read their stories and I admire their way of work as a “SPUB-er.” 

I know they will copy edit this before it gets published, so Kathlyn, I will miss seeing you in SPUB next year and I want you to know that I am genuinely proud of everything you have created in this class. Whether they are stories, yearbook contents, or designs, I see how much work you have put into them. I wish you the best during your senior year. Come visit the staff whenever you have time.