Joco Libraries Restart Children’s Program

The stuffed animals are set up for a photo that is given to the owner of the toy at the end of the toy sleepover at the library. The toys accomplish typical tasks that the librarians complete to give the children a glimpse of what their local library does in a day. (Baltimore Public Library).

A handful of Johnson County libraries are restarting a program called “A Toys Night Out.” It is a program that allows children to give their stuffed animals to the librarian staff for the night and experience the behind the scenes of a library. The librarian takes pictures of the toys doing tasks, such as working behind a desk, and organizing the books. When the children picks up their toy, they will be given a curated list of materials that they can check out.

This program is a way to get the children in the community to interact with their local library and get a glimpse of what the staff do. As children get older, some begin to lose interest in reading, so this is a way for kids to feel more excited to read.

**Photo Link**