New Year, New Schedule

During third period Kayln Vang, 12, was looking at the schedule with confusion on gold day, double checking targeted seminar was next. This shows the confusion of students with daily switches in schedules. (Photo illustration by J. Vander Veur)

At the start of this school year new schedules were introduced, and with new changes comes new opinions. 

“I like purple days because it’s the normal schedule, but I feel like the gold schedule is kind of worthless because bronco assistance last year already solved the issue of needing to travel to complete work or get tutoring,” Owen Melius, 10, said. 

The new purple and gold days seem to frustrate students.

“I don’t really like the daily switch, I mean it doesn’t really change how I feel or how the day goes by, but it’s annoying to have to keep up with a different schedule daily, especially with PLC days,” Melius said. 

Considering that there is a different schedule almost everyday due to PLC, it seems to be the most confusing schedule for students yet. 

“I think that the schedules are overbearing, especially with having three different schedules in one week it can get confusing which class is which,” Langston Nichols, 10, said. 

Some teachers also feel the same about having daily schedule changes. 

“There are so many different schedules that even sometimes I have a problem keeping up with them,” Aubrey Corn, teacher, said. 

While there are many negative opinions about the purple and gold day switches, there are also upsides. 

“I kind of like having an advisory in the morning. I feel like people are always wound up after lunch, so it’s almost better having it in the morning I think,” Corn said. 

Some students also like the set up of part of the schedule.

“I do enjoy having lunch in my fourth hour because that’s usually when I get hungry,” Nichols said. 

Overall, the new schedule switch is the most tedious so far, but like others there are good and bad qualities. The opinion lies in each person, and dislikes and likes vary for everyone.