‘…That memory, the warder of the brain shall be a fume.’

The+cast+of+Spring+Hill+high+school%2C+Macbeth%2C+poses+for+a+cast+photo.+The+show+ran+April+4+through+April+6%2C+and+got+very+good+feedback+from+audience+members+%28Photo+by+A.+Wendel%29.+
The cast of Spring Hill high school, Macbeth, poses for a cast photo. The show ran April 4 through April 6, and got very good feedback from audience members (Photo by A. Wendel).

With the end of the school year rapidly approaching, talk of finalizing grad parties fills the air. End of year banquets and picnic dates are thrown up in the air. I have extreme senioritis to the point when I’m pretty sure I’ve used my 18 letter more often than not in second semester. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. I was sick for three weeks, and it honestly felt as though no time, and all the time, passed.

We closed my senior year show, Shakespeare’s “Macbeth,” on April 6, in which I played Lady Macbeth and had the best time. I was a lead alongside Aidan Wycoff who played Macbeth. We had so much fun, yet I felt like the majority of my time was spent being sick, so I was robbed of actually interacting with my fellow cast members, and I think I missed quality bonding time with those in the show. I came back a week before show week and felt wholly unprepared amongst my fellow cast members especially alongside Wycoff. However, not only do I think we pulled it off, I think we really did a good job. People raved about our show after it, and the audience just kept getting bigger. All in all, it was honestly a great experience for my senior year. 

There’s the SPUB final picnic on May 4, where we have the senior sendoff so to say, it’s also where the William Allen White award is announced, and honestly it’s just a good closing for the school year especially before graduation. The theater banquet is also soon, which will take place on May 9, where thespian final circle occurs. 

I think the theater banquet and thespian final circle will be the most emotional end-of-year activities for me because senior thespians sign the wall, and tech senior thespians put their handprints on the wall of the paint closet in the shop. Thespian final circle is super upsetting as well because seniors give away their wills to other, younger thespians from the seniors before them. 

There is a lot of blubbering and tears and such, and it’s just really saddening to see the faces of people you know you probably won’t see or speak to again. And from a senior’s perspective, it’s even more depressing because you know for a fact the people you won’t see or speak to again. I only have 22 school days until I’m graduating, and I know I have to make it last especially with the people I have only recently bonded with and those I have rekindled relationships with.