Hype up the School

The+students+getting+hyped+up+with+making+noise+and+jazz+hands.+Here+they+are+cheering+on+their+football+team%2C+hoping+they+take+home+the+win+%28Photo+by+G.+Cowsert%29.+
The students getting hyped up with making noise and jazz hands. Here they are cheering on their football team, hoping they take home the win (Photo by G. Cowsert).

The Hype Squad has been a club for quite some time now, however changes are always being made. A new thing that has started getting bigger in the past couple years is social media. 

“I took charge of the TikTok part of social media because I love keeping up with the trends and posting for people to see. I love seeing my ideas come to life and getting student involvement,” Gianna Cowsert, 11, said. 

Getting more social media made for the school gets the students more involved. With social media being such a big part of this generation, it will grab the student body’s attention.

“I think the most important thing is that everyone feels included. I want everyone to feel like they have a way to be involved in Hype Squad,” Samantha

Seniors at the pep assembly getting ready for a new cheer. They are trying their best to win the school spirit stick (C. Bartek).

Winebrenner, 12, said. 

Every student in the school is involved in something. Whether it’s an art class or leading the football team to state, it’s important to someone. 

“I think my favorite part of Hype Squad is getting the crowd excited and leading them during the game,” Winbrenner said. 

A big accomplishment the hype squad has made was from a viral TikTok they posted.

“The most successful part of our social media has been TikTok, one of them has 40K views. It’s easier for people to interact with it and most people want to be in the TikTok,” Cowsert said. 

Through the years the squad has developed new ways to get everyone involved. Getting the students involved is important because they bring the hype, it gets everyone pumped up not only for the fun events but school too.