Seriously Slumped

At the end of the year, a majority of students are ready for summer. Many feel burnt out, stressed, and overwhelmed at the end of the school year. Many have heard of senioritis at this time of the year, where seniors are ready to get high school over with and move on to a new chapter of their life. 

Another popular saying is a “sophomore slump.” As a freshman, I had heard this saying before and didn’t think much of it. Now, as a sophomore, I think that this is more than a saying. As someone who is more type A and organized, I’m usually on top of my schoolwork and pretty motivated. The end of this school year has been a bit different for me personally.

My motivation isn’t there like it usually is, my grades were slipping for a while and I had to work hard to get them back up. I know that many of my peers are experiencing the same thing, complaining about their grades slipping, and low motivation. 

For incoming sophomores: if you hit this slump, push through and keep going! You are deserving and if you work hard it will pay off. Avoid putting your assignments aside until the last minute; I know it’s difficult, but it is worth it. Surround yourself with people who motivate you and who don’t bring you down. Remember, no matter what grades you end up with, no matter if you feel like you’ve “messed up,” the world is still spinning and everything will be okay.