Megan Thee Stallion & Nicki Minaj: The Drama

Nicki+Minaj+and+Megan+Thee+Stallion+pictured+in+various+photoshoots.+While+having+little+history+between+them%2C+their+recent+drama+has+sparked+up+the+rap+industry+%28Photo+by+D.+Heinen%29.+
Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion pictured in various photoshoots. While having little history between them, their recent drama has sparked up the rap industry (Photo by D. Heinen).

The rap industry seems to always have some sort of drama going on in it. Recently, it has taken two infamous female rappers: Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion, two songs, and a couple rants on X turned it into a flaming issue with fans taking sides.

On January 26th, 2024, Megan Thee Stallion dropped a new single titled “HISS,” in which she raps a line about Megan’s Law, which is a federal law which mandates that law enforcement lists the names of registered sex offenders within the United States. It just so happens that both Nicki’s brother and husband are on this list, and while this line could be directed towards a multitude of people, Nicki took offense and went on Instagram Live, furiously spewing insults.

Just a couple twitter rants and three days later, Nicki Minaj clapped back with a song titled “Big Foot.” In this song, Nicki denies claims made by Stallion about getting shot by Tory Lanez, another rapper, as well as making fun of Stallion’s dead mom. After this, Stallion has responded with almost nothing, while Nicki has kept on persecuting Stallion.

In my opinion, I think this situation showcases how Nicki Minaj knows she’s in the wrong. Though the line about Megan’s Law wasn’t directed towards her, she still responded as if it was, which proves how she realizes that her association with registered sex offenders is wrong. Her response also came off as childish to me, and poking fun at her dead mom shows her immaturity and how she can’t handle another female rapper being more prominent than her.